TECHNICAL OPERATIONS SUPPORT ADMINISTRATOR
Lexington, South Carolina
We at Carolina Connect pride ourselves on being a premier and trusted Internet Service Provider providing exceptional customer service and service reliability to both businesses and residential communities within the Lexington, South Carolina marketplace. We are growing our business and are seeking to fill this newly created role that is integral to the success of our Plant Technical Operations team. The successful candidate will work closely with our overall team by serving as the liaison for escalations from technicians in the field. This is an exceptional opportunity to work with an amazing team of dedicated professionals, have a fulfilling career within an exciting industry, and to become a valued member of our Carolina Connect family.
Service is an integral part of our culture, and each of our employees embody our philosophy of taking our work and service commitment to our business partners and communities seriously, and as a core value.
To apply for this opportunity, please submit resume and salary requirements via e-mail to Info@carolinaconnect.com, include subject line “Technical Operations Support Administrator””.
Carolina Connect is seeking an exceptional candidate for our newly created Technical Operations Support Administrator role to manage all aspects of the Technical Operations administrative functions and owning our technical operations escalations process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Enter trouble tickets in the IVUE system that are escalated to Carolina Connect by NeoNova for dispatch to our technicians. Includes reviewing tickets to see if they can be resolved by a router/ONT reset or by just talking to the customer. Is also responsible for looking up the customer information in CMS to review any alarms and looking at the router in CSC to determine if there are any wireless issues. Approximately 10% of daily activities.
- Entering and checking the accuracy of the Plant RTD and OLT information on the service orders, as service drops are completed by the affiliated Electric Coops. Approximately 10% of daily activities.
- Adding facilities/removing facilities and closing out the install process for service orders that are completed daily. This includes looking up each ONT in CMS, checking light levels and making certain the OLT port matches the service order. Also checks CSC to make certain every router is upgraded properly when installed. Approximately 10% of daily activities.
- Monitors alarms in PRTG and CMS to look at outages throughout the day. Approximately 5% of daily activities.
- Takes phone calls from technicians throughout the day. Helps with provisioning if needed and takes care of assisting with any issues/escalations the technician runs into. Approximately 10% of daily activities.
- Assigns installation service orders to technicians in Smart Track. Communicates with scheduling on a daily basis for a variety of issues that may arise. Approximately 5% of daily activities.
- Each morning, go through alarms and the daily install schedule to make certain all tickets are entered and that all service orders have the plant information required for provisioning. Approximately 5% of daily activities.
- Monitors the inventory in the warehouse on a weekly basis to make certain materials are available for technicians. If inventory orders are needed, report the need to the Network Operations Manager. Approximately 5% of daily activities.
- Assist with monthly inventory count for the warehouse and vehicles. Approximately 5% of daily activities.
- Enters plant information into IVUE for all new circuit serving areas. This is very time consuming. Knowledge of FTTP networks is required (can provide training if no prior experience). Approximately 20% of daily activities.
- Pick up returned equipment from various offices and clean/check the equipment. This includes removing the equipment from the customers’ records in the billing/plant system. This includes Calix CMS and CSC systems so the equipment can be reused. Approximately 5% of daily activities.
- Answer CSR and customer questions. Approximately 5% of daily activities.
- Job also includes any other tasks that may be assigned by management, approximately 5% time allocation.
- High School diploma required, and two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous experience in Administration, Customer Service or Technical Support positions preferred. CATV, ISP and/or Telecommunications experience preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills and time management techniques.
- Strong reasoning ability to carry out instructions furnished in written and diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several abstract and concrete variables, and strong decision-making skills to appropriate address escalation issues through proper channels.
- Highly motivated self-starter, results-driven individual.
- Outstanding communications skills and ability to speak with both external customers, and individuals at all levels within the organization, the ability and desire to function within a team environment, and the desire to pursue excellence in all assignments.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and Inventory/ERP systems.
- This position requires strong mathematical skills, and will routinely work with spreadsheets.
- Grasps a good understanding of the industry, with the ability to become a subject matter expert on the job.
- Must possess the ability to adapt to change.
- Values continuous learning and self-improvement.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record as determined by the Company.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, and are defined in further detail in the job description. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
No Direct Reports
Carolina Connect is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Interested Candidates – To apply, please submit resume along with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org, notation in subject line “Technical Operations Support Administrator”.